10330 "I" Street, Suite 120
Omaha, NE 68127
Since 1980 we have provided technical and grant assistance to many recycling programs and communities state-wide. We assist hundreds of callers yearly regarding how and where to recycle a wide variety of items and materials. Through the years we have done grant work for various state and federal agencies and private foundations. We are in our 12th year administering a recycling equipment grant, state-wide, with funds from Nebraska Environmental Trust. See the grant tab to the right.
Save The Date! May 22, 2013
We ask for your financial support during this event!
Omaha Gives! is a 24 hour online fundraising event led by the Omaha Community Foundation to bring the community together to support local nonprofits through online fundraising. It is a community-wide event to show off Omaha’s spirit of giving, raise awareness about local nonprofits, and celebrate the collective effort it takes to make this city great.
*Anyone, anywhere can donate and any amount makes a difference.
* The 24-hour donation period will begin May 22nd from midnight to midnight. All gifts will be processed through the Omaha Community Foundation via: omahagives24.org
* All event-related donations must be made at omahagives24.org during that 24-hour period.
* Over 300 non-profits in Omaha metro area (Douglas & Sarpy Counties in Nebraska and Pottawattamie County, Iowa) are registered to receive donations from this campaign. All are 501(c)(3) public charities.
* The minimum donation amount is $10. There is no maximum donation, Matching funds and prize money will be made available to amplify charitable donations. Your gift may also help nonprofits qualify for prizes based on number of donations or help them receive one of 24 hourly $1,000 matching gifts.
Click here for the complete list of Frequently Asked Questions.
How can you help Nebr State Recycling Association during Omaha Gives!?
* Donate on May 22nd!
• Spread the word! Tell your friends that you will be giving to Nebr State Recycling Association during Omaha Gives! on May 22nd.
• Post about Omaha Gives! on your social media pages. Let your friends and followers know how they can give and how their donations can help us win matching and prize funds.
About the Omaha Community Foundation-
More than 1200 individuals, families, and organizations rely on the Omaha Community Foundation to help facilitate their charitable giving. Since the Omaha Community Foundation’s inception in 1982, those donors have given more than $855 million to more than 1600 charitable organizations. The Omaha Community Foundation helps donors manage their charitable giving, whether the donor gives $1000 a year or $1,000,000 a year.
2013-2014 Recycling Equipment Grant:
4-5-13: FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE! Contact us to discuss a grant for recycling equipment. Please read grant guidelines under the tab to the right. Available until the funds are depleted. The source of our grant funds is the Nebraska Environmental Trust.
Jobs Are Tied to High Recycling Rate
January 2012- The Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency was asked during an appearance on the Doctor Oz Show, what is the biggest thing people could do to make the world a cleaner, healthier place. She replied, "If we would insist on a recycling rate in our country at 80, 85, 90 percent, we could do a bunch of things. Certainly we would have a cleaner environment. We would save a tremendous amount of water and energy. We would create millions of jobs because recycling, in and of itself, would become a supply chain in our country---a very domestic one. So, although it sounds simple---when you see those recycling bins, when people start to talk about recycling---think of it as a homegrown jobs program, an environmental program, an energy program and a water program all in one!"